Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Oatmeal Pie

I made this lovely for my husband because I read it was similar to pecan pie, which is his favorite. The difference is it’s made with oatmeal, which we always have on hand, rather than pecans, which we seldom have on hand. I’m not a fan of pecan pie but I did enjoy this, so I guess it’s not too samey. He said it was great and he would take a slice of it any day, or was that every day? 

You will need:
2 regular size pie crusts, I used the frozen in the pan because I was being lazy. 
I imagine you can half this if you only want to make one.

4 eggs
1/2c butter, melted
1c corn syrup
1/2c sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1c rolled oats

Beat eggs; mix in butter, syrup, sugars, vanilla & salt. Stir in oats. Pour in shells and bake 40 min at 350.

As most of my recipes you will notice it is so very very easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment