Monday, June 17, 2013

Have You Tried Neutrogena Makeup?

When I think of Neutrogena the first thing that comes to mind is wonderful skincare items for acne and aging skin. I have used a lot of their products in the past and always with wonderful results. I had not tried any of their makeup before now though, and I was very happy to get the chance to try a selection. 

When I put on makeup I focus heavily on my eyes because I've been told they are my best feature and I like to draw attention to them. I have noticed that eye shadows can fade really quickly, at times even before I get where I am going. Neutrogena crease proof eye shadow is awesome. When I did the test lines on my hand to see how the colors looked on me I was impressed by how much work it took to get them off. You will not wipe or rub this off, it will take soap and water, or makeup remover. This eye shadow has some serious staying power.

It has a built in primer that aids in the longevity of the color and also prevents creasing. One thing I really love is that it is an anti-oxidant formula that will nourish your eye area. These are sure silky looking when they go on, and have light reflecting pearls to brighten your eyes. They are really easy to use, you just apply the color straight to your eye, like using a crayon. The colors I tried were Stay Put Plum, a lovely purple, and Stay Golden, a sparkly gold. I found they complemented each other, so I used them together. In the picture I have the Plum on my lid area and the Gold as a brow arch highlighter. 

Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner goes on very smoothly and smudges nicely for a soft look. This also has some wonderful staying power and won’t need constant reapplying. It has olive oil and rain forest shea butter to nourish your eyes! There is a built in sharpener on the end, as well as a smudger, to soften and blend. The shade I used was cosmic black, which will go with everything. 

Neutrogena healthy lengths mascara will add the finishing touch to your eyes. It is a lengthening formula for lashes that will make them look 100 percent longer. My lashes can use all the help they can get, as they are thin and short.  In addition to the instant effect you get, it also strengthens your lashes with vitamin E & olive oil. It goes on very nicely with no clumps and doesn't flake as the day wears on. 

In addition to the wonderful nourishing eye line, I was also able to try Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color sticks. These go on smooth, like a gloss, and give a lovely light shade to your lips. While making your lips look great they are also moisturizing them. After a few days of use you will notice your lips are softer! They are made with fruit extracts, in addition to shea butter and mango. The design is like a big crayon and it twists up so you wont need a sharpener. It comes in eight shades, and I was able to try three of them. I tried the Rich Raisin, Fresh Papaya, and Warm Caramel. 



(Look created with all of the above mentioned Neutrogena products, both eye colors were used and the lip shade of Warm Caramel)

If you thought, like I did, that Neutrogena was just for skin care it’s time to think again! Please browse the Neutrogena website and see what wonderful new products they have for you to discover! You can also connect with them on Facebook!

9 comments:

  1. I have tried Neutrogena yet but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty with this makeup on. But I have to tell you that I have quite a bit of Neutrogena makeup and it is the best at giving me a natural look. I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never try it buy it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, i'd like to try the lip Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color sticks. lip stick is too sticky so i'm hoping this won't be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! And I like the idea of mascara that helps improve lash health and actually works without clumping etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have not tried their makeup before but it really looks great on you! thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love neutrogena powder! i always add it to my makeup for a nice smooth finish :)

    natashangt (at) live (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried their skincare.

    ReplyDelete