Friday, April 3, 2015

Crochet Clint Eastwood Poncho

I looked all over for a pattern for the Clint Eastwood poncho my husband wanted. I found a few felted ones, but no crocheted ones. Of course, I wasn't going to let it go because with all he does for me, I really wanted to make him exactly what he wanted. 

What I did was make a basic blanket poncho in one solid color. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee. I made a chain and measured it across his shoulders by resting it on his neck and making sure it came to his elbows on both sides. By doing it that way, you can make this for any size, even kids. Next, I did HDC rows until the front draped to where he was happy, then I made a chain hole neck and made the back equal to the front. That was the easy part. 

Next, I blew up a good picture of the movie poncho and did surface crochet for the pattern. Use Red Heart Super Saver in White for the surface crochet. There are great videos on youtube if you have never done surface crochet. I think the end result was fabulous and he loves it! He has even slept under it as well, so it can also double as a blanket!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! This is super cool. My hubby would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves Clint! Oh, how I wish I could crochet and knit again. That poncho is great. You have a lucky husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that came out great! My late husband would have loved this, I have to check out the surface crochet on YouTube, thats new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember how many balls of the yarn you used?

    ReplyDelete