Monday, September 10, 2012

Fast Yeast Free Pizza

I am such a firm believer that things can be simple and delicious. Today for lunch my husband wanted pizza but I don’t keep yeast in the house because we just don’t use it that often so here is my fast recipe for homemade yeast free pizza. It does not have the same chewy texture of a traditional pizza, think more of a pasty crust… it’s fantastic.

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
½ can of tomato paste
6 oz pepper jack
Oil for rolling
Toppings for us:
 Sliced green olives
Onion

Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and milk together. I do this by hand, it’s a little sticky at first but it works into a ball. Work it into a neat little ball and knead it for a few minutes.

Grease your rolling surface and pin, I used vegetable oil, and roll it out to the desired size. This made a pizza that was the perfect size for two.

Bake at 400 for ten minutes.

Add tomato paste, cheese and any toppings you want.

Bake at 400 another ten minutes.

Enjoy.




2 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks absolutely delicious! I will definitely have to try this on those nights where I don't want to do much in the kitchen but still want something tasty!

    ReplyDelete