Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Starbox

Starbox is a new monthly subscription box which Includes 3-4 full size makeup/beauty products by Starlooks. When it arrived there was a lot of excitement- wondering what might be inside. I do so love beauty items and October is such a daring month for make-up.

My mysterious Starbox! 
When I opened it I was so thrilled with all of the fantastic beauty products that were inside. This is my very first, so I had no idea what to expect and was very pleased. Just look at what was inside... a girls' only question is where to start?

Loaded with awesome products.
The first thing that drew my eyes was the Starlooks Gold Dust eyeliner pencil. I've never used gold eyeliner before and was really excited to see what the results would be. I decided it would complement the Starlooks Posh eye shadow pigment which also came in the box. I really love purple, it's such a regal color and usually complements my blue eyes.

Gold Dust eye pencil 
Posh eyes shadow pigment

The eye pencil was very easy to use and had super color. You would think gold might be a pale color that was hard to use but it really showed up nicely. The eye pigment was also wonderfully colored. A little went a very long way and with blending you can make this a very dramatic or subtle shadow. I opted for somewhere in-between.

The subtle Posh & gold dust combination. 

The Starlooks Masquerade lipstick was a lovely shade of red with a hint or orange shimmer. I just love red lipstick and it is so hard to find a good shade! It went on very smooth and easily. I also noticed you could layer this for a more dramatic shade as well. If you go with one coat it is very sheer and glossy but if you apply another it gets deeper yet. I love my lips dark so I put on a few coats, my results were awesome.


Masquerade lipstick
Looking like a star! 

There was an awesome surprise - Eye Rock eye tattoos! Don't worry they are the temporary kind like you used to use as a kid but much more fun! I had a bit of trouble with these, but after the first one I figured out what I had done wrong, and I think I could really enjoy using these. It allows you to create a fabulous look without being a professional make-up artist.

Eye Rocks eye tattoos 

Included in every box are quartz crystals, which are beautiful and have a lot of mystical properties. As suggested I will start collecting them to use in a glass jar to hold my make-up brushes.

Quartz crystals 

What is fantastic is that if, or more likely, when, you have fallen in love with the items in your Starbox, you can purchase more at the Starlooks shop. I love the try-before-you-buy concept and monthly beauty box idea, as it's an opportunity to experiment and be wonderfully surprised with something that you would perhaps not ordinarily choose for yourself.

If you love the idea too you can get a box like this every month too. Visit their website HERE and signup today for your own Starbox to be delivered right to your door. While you are there give a December Starbox to someone you love as a gift. I know a lot of beauties on my Christmas list this would make a perfect gift for.

You can also connect with Starlooks on Facebook and Youtube so you will never miss a beautiful thing.

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed; no other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours.

7 comments:

  1. WoW! I had no idea there was a product out there..Thanks for providing their FB info and website also! Now I am gonna go be NOSY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to receive boxes like these from a different company but the contents quickly became repetative. Looking forward to hearing about your future boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on you! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! I love the idea of getting to try new beauty products each month that I would otherwise probably never purchase seperately! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold eyeliner!!! Looks great :) Cool concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. never knew there was something like this available. Love the color combination! Will have to visit their site and check out the offer to try before buying. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete