Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pretzel Crisps

Every once in a while I run across something that is just super-impressive, and that is exactly how I feel about Pretzel Crisps. Honestly, when I thought about pretzels and what they could do as far as variety, I just had no idea they could do so much. I tried all seven of the varieties in the Deli Style line and just can’t narrow my favorite down to less than a handful.


Before I talk about the flavors, I want to talk about what in general makes these so special on the whole. First from the stand point of someone who really watches what they eat, and often finds themselves counting calories, these are fantastic snacks. Typically, I have to snack one day a week, but I can easily fit a serving of these into everyday eating as they are only 110 calories a serving and have zero fat.

From the first bite, you are awed by the crunch. They're fantastically crispy - even better than a kettle chip but without all the grease. These are sturdy crisps that can be used as dippers in the thickest dips, and can even be use as crackers handling all spreads with ease. I didn’t have a single one break while dipping or spreading. Imagine the lovely crispy outside of a pretzel without the floury inside. 

Thin crispy and surprisingly sturdy. 

The spicy bold flavors were favorites of my husband who can’t seem to find a spice he can’t handle. There were three: Buffalo Wing, Jalapeno Jack, and Chipotle Cheddar. All three got his glowing seal of approval. These were perfect without the need for any dips or spreads.

The other four varieties were: Original, Garlic Parmesan, Everything and Sesame. I loved all of these for their own reasons. I found the Garlic Parmesan was a great munch right out of the bag. It had a perfect zesty flavor. The Everything flavor reminded me a lot of  the everything bread I love from the deli, and so I tried it with cream cheese, which was absolutely divine. Sesame was very nice, I tried this one with a slice of cheddar and a drop of mustard. It made a great afternoon snack. The Original variety was perhaps the most versatile because being a lightly salted pretzel it went with everything. I had these with salsa, and then again with a jalapeno cheese dip.

There wasn’t a single flavor I didn’t like. These Pretzel Crisps are nothing less than awesome! These are going to be staple snacks in my pantry.

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed; no other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours.

5 comments:

  1. Those sound great! I've heard of them before but never tried them.

    sarahhoward70@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I really like Pretzel Crisps too.
    chavonne h

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try these. I am starting to watch what I eat and these would make a great snack to keep with me at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound fantastic.. I am a huge advocate of anything pretzel and delicious... I need to try these out...NOW! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Right now I have the Everything ones in my cupboard. I love them with Sabra's Red Pepper Hummous or Babaganush! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete