Monday, October 8, 2012

SPF Store Review

Me and the sun have had a bit of a rocky relationship. It has probably been better than 7 years since my doctor advised me to stay out of the sun. Now mind you I was living in Florida at the time and the weather was customarily outdoorsy. So I did what any other rational person would do, rather than totally hiding inside I bought a strong bottle of sun block and a fabulous hat.

Now I am in Kansas and the summer is customarily too hot to head outdoors, yes it’s hotter and, believe it or not, more humid than Florida. However it is Fall now and this is the time I really want to get outdoors. It is simply gorgeous outside. I still have to be aware of my former friend the sun because even though the temperatures are lovely the rays are still just as damaging as they are in the warmer months. The big summer hat is out of the question, that’d be silly in the winter and let’s face it Fall/Winter hats just aren’t as fabulous.

So what is a girl to do? Head over to the SPF Store they have you covered, literally! They offer everything from SPF sweat shirts to hats and everything in between.  All of their fabrics are UV tested and block at least 97% of UV for up two years or normal wear. They protect you up to ten times better than a normal shirt! I was so fortunate to have won one of the woman’s long sleeve shirts just in time for my Fall adventures.  It feels just like a regular cotton T-shirt, just as comfy and cozy. They come in a lovely assortment of over 70 colors and range in sizes of XS to 6XL, so you can fit them into any look you are going for.

I am wearing the citrus color which is a beautiful bright color perfect for Fall. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow...never knew such a place existed. I'm very fair skinned so this is very interesting to me. Thanks for the info! I will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool a t-shirt for sunscreen. Great concept!

    ReplyDelete