Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Seasons Harvest Salsa


There is something really special about the combo of chips and dips. For me it is one of those magical combinations that I never want to be without.

I love to try all kinds of dips and occasionally run across one that really stands out. Seasons Harvest, who you may remember from my review of their wonderful pasta sauces, has a fantastic line of salsa as well.

They offer a variety of flavors, made with all natural, quality ingredients: Roasted Tomato, Chipotle, Apple Raspberry, Ripe Peach, Cilantro, Black Bean, and Con Queso. The only hardship is picking which one to eat!

First I tried the Ripe Peach because I've never heard of peach salsa and was very intrigued by the idea. I was so pleased by the sweet peach flavor, which was complemented by the hot you expect from salsa. I had this with plain tortilla chips because I really wanted to be able to experience the taste. I think it would be fantastic mixed with mayo or sour cream and use as a sandwich spread.


Next I had to try the Con Queso because that is my all time favorite type of salsa. I also tried this with plain chips for the same reason. It is so creamy and the cheese flavor is a wonderful rich cheddar. You can see and taste the pepper chucks which are generously found throughout. This is such a rich tasting Con Queso that I can see using it in a lot of recipes and to complement a lot of foods. I immediately thought it would be awesome on a soy hot dog or baked potato as a topping. I make a bean enchilada casserole often and this would easily replace the cheese sauce I serve on top of it. The possibilities are endless because, really, what couldn't benefit from a rich cheesy sauce with a spicy kick?


I can't express enough how much I love the quality of Seasons Harvest products. I can taste that the ingredients are top quality natural ingredients and the sauces & salsas have been made with care. Take some time and look around at their wonderful selection HERE. They have gift sets which would be ideal for that foodie or hard to shop for loved one on your holiday gift list.

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed; no other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours

No comments:

Post a Comment