Friday, January 18, 2013

Ology


I really love living in a small town. Honestly, I don’t miss much about the big city. One thing I do miss occasionally though is having a selection of shops, especially when it comes to finding more natural items. I don’t always have the time to make my own cleaners, and certainly can’t always find the products I would like to use. It’s a good two hour drive if I want to get to a specialty shop. I’m telling you this for a reason and it’s a good one that makes me so happy! Walgreens, which we do have one of in reasonably close proximity, has started carrying a line of products that is free of nasty chemicals!

The product line is called Ology and already has a great range of everyday products. Lets face it, when we are talking about something you use everyday, it’s really important in the long run that it be as safe as possible. The product line includes: baby care (lotion & 2-in-1 body wash) laundry (liquid detergent & fabric softener) cleaners (glass & all purpose) and personal care (adult shampoo & conditioner). You can also find compact fluorescent light bulbs and paper products like facial and bath tissue in the Ology brand.

In addition to being a nationally available chemical free product line, they are also reasonably priced, which is really important in making them a product everyone can use. Ultimately though, what’s really important is how well they work. Well, I've tried a variety of Ology products, and I’m beyond thrilled with my results.

The 2X Laundry Liquid was the first that I used. Right off the bat I love the scent, which was spring lavender & vanilla. The predominant scent being lavender, which I find so relaxing and comforting. What is also relaxing and comforting is what you won’t find in the laundry soap. It is plant based and has no harmful chemicals. I used less than I typically use, because it is more concentrated, and it provided me with the same cleaning as my regular detergent. Plus that lovely lavender scent, which lingered nicely in my clothes.

The All-Purpose Cleaner also had a beautiful scent, Meyer lemon & lavender. It was slightly different to the laundry soap as the lemon was a bit more noticeable, but lavender was still the predominant scent.  I used this on my counters and stove, which can be a task for sure, and it performed very well. It cleaned all the messes I threw at it and left behind only a pleasant lavender scent. It is citrus based and has no harmful chemicals.

I used the glass cleaner on a few mirrors with nice results before taking it to tackle the bathroom mirror, which is my problem mirror. It did take a little longer, but the end result was a lovely streak free bathroom mirror. The glass cleaner is unscented, but does have a faint smell - and I can’t put my finger on what it is, but I didn't particularly care for it. On the upside - it did not linger, and like the laundry soap, this is plant based and contains no harmful chemicals.

None of the products I used are tested on animals, which is very important to me, and the bottles are made from 100% post-consumer materials. I find it refreshing to see a national brand taking such a big step in making natural products readily available. I’m so pleased by the results of these cleaners and can’t wait to try the rest of the line.

Please take some time to browse the Ology line, available at Walgreens, and see what products they carry that you use everyday.

I was sent a Walgreen’s gift card for the purposes of obtaining Ology products to review. No other compensation was offered or received. No suggestions or requests to select specific products within the Ology line were offered. I was in no way obligated to write a positive review and all opinions are mine and mine alone.


5 comments:

  1. I would love the Lavender & Vanilla scent of the detergent. I love lavender. SO anything with lavender I am all over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sounds wonderful and love that none were tested on animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender and Vanilla sounds yummy! I do like that it is all natural. I have small kids with sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it is concentrated, so much more cost effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that it is concentrated, so much more cost effective!

    ReplyDelete