Monday, January 28, 2013

SodaStream


I love soda. There is just something magical about the fizzy, flavorful concoction that keeps me coming back. I do however struggle with the environmental impact and have severely reduced my soda consumption to help with that. Even better than a drastic cut back would be finding a way to make soda at home, without the need for bottles, cans or bottling plants.

Problem solved!

SodaStream. I’m sure you have heard of these fantastic machines which allow you make to your own soda at home. Maybe you've been wondering how it compares in taste or how hard it might be to use. I have your answers!

The SodaStream machine was so easy to set up. We were making fresh homemade soda in less than five minutes. The model we have is the Jet, and the back comes off really easily and you simply screw in the carbonation bottle and replace the back cover. It comes with a reusable bottle that you fill with very cold water, and then screw on to the front of the machine. A few quick pushes of a button and you have carbonated water ready for you to add one of the great flavors.

The first one I tried, and my favorite, was a naturally sweetened cola flavor. I absolutely love that it is sweetened with real cane sugar and not corn syrup like most sweetened sodas. It tastes better than the brand I normally buy, and it's better for me and the environment. That my friends, is all win.

My husband was really fond of the Black Currant & Pear flavor, which is also sweetened with real sugar. It has a lovely unique taste from elderberries and apple juice with other natural flavors.

In addition to our two favorites we tried a myriad of the regular and lower calorie varieties and found they each had their own unique fresh taste. There are really more flavors to pick from than you would be able to find for pre-made sodas, and there is no telling how long those bottles have been sitting on the shelf.

To come back to my opening questions that I had about using a SodaStream; is it easy? Yes! And will it taste as good? Yes! I have found the solution to my soda dilemma. If you think it might be your solution too, have a browse around their site and see what each of the models offers. While you are there peek at all of the great flavors available too!  

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed. No other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.

4 comments:

  1. I love Soda Stream. I agree the Black Currant & Pear is absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a SodaStream so bad! I too am a huge soda fan but hate all those bottle plus the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to try my soda stream. I want to try the Root Beer first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, I absolutely love the Dr. Pete

    ReplyDelete