Friday, March 22, 2013

Homemade Veggie Burgers


I must honestly say this is the best tasting veggie burger I've ever had and I've certainly had a lot. I also really love how easy these are to make and that I typically have all of these ingredients on hand. 



To make these wonderful Carrot Burgers you will need:

1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt substitute (I used McCormick Perfect Pinch)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Olive Oil spray

Place carrots in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine everything (except the pan spray) Form into patties (we made four big ones at 220 calories each). Spray pan and cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns if desired, we felt these were filling enough to be eaten on their own. If I had to change anything I'd add more onions but really these are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment