Saturday, December 7, 2013

Influenster - Violet VoxBox

So, Influenster is a pretty cool site. You join, you review your favorite things and then they send you VoxBoxes full of products to try and review. It is completely free to join, so I recommend that everyone get in on the action! Different VoxBoxes are geared toward different lifestyles. The badges that you unlock determine which VoxBoxes you get. This ensures that you won't get a box full of things that don't interest you! 

My most recent box was called the Violet VoxBox and it was all about Fall Flower Power! The first item that I noticed was the Goody Quikstyle paddle brush. It has regular bristles as well as microfiber bristles. It claims to remove 30% of water as you style or brush your hair. I didn't notice any extreme drying when using this brush, but when I brushed my hair after the shower, it wasn't as wet as it would have normally been. It did remove water from my hair and my hair wasn't dripping wet anymore. I don't think that anyone will see dramatic results with this brush but if you air-dry your hair like I do, it will help it dry a little faster by removing excess water.

The next item was a banana SoyJoy bar. I am not a huge fan of bananas but this bar wasn't that bad. It was flavorful and a great size to take as an on-the-go snack. I broke it into fours to let my daughter, husband, and father have a taste as well. They all really liked it with my father liking it the most. It was a little dry but other than that, it was a good snack.

I sure do like headbands. They can make doing your hair for the day super easy or add a little extra flair. What's not to like? When I saw the Goody Athletique Adjustable Yoga Headband, I was pretty excited. One of my biggest complaints with cloth headbands is that they stretch over time. After you use them for a while, they become too big to stay on your head and actually hold your hair back. This headband fixes that! It's adjustable! I was really easy to put on and was very comfortable.The Velcro on the back of the headband allows you to have it more snug or loose on your head. This is great for working out or for different hairstyles. 

 The last item in my box was a Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail polish in Dream Sequins. The glitter is a beautiful orange-y gold color. It dries super fast and is ridiculously shiny. I noticed that even after all of my daily activities, it was still shiny. It doesn't chip fast and stays looking great for a 3-4 days. I was really impressed that it didn't chip on my nails since I work with my hands all day as a cashier. 

I really enjoyed all of the products in my VoxBox. Don't forget to go join Influenster and start reviewing items yourself! 

Disclosure: All items were sent to me by Influenster for review. Regardless, all opinions are 100% honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment