Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ThinkFun

I have a pretty bad memory, and have been pretty absent minded lately, which has sent me on a quest for things that will sharpen my mind. I have even recently joined one of those train your brain with our games websites. I am seriously open to anything that will help me remember things better and feel sharper minded in general.

Enter ThinkFun and their awesome Chocolate Fix Sudoku-Style Logic Game, which is supposed to be cross training for your brain. No, you can't eat the bits, they are not real chocolate, but they sure do look tasty. However, since I love Sudoku this was so right up my alley. There are 80 single player challenges that range from easy to expert.  It is recommended for ages eight and older, so it is really fun for the whole family.

Plus, just fifteen minutes a day will help reduce stress, which we can all use, and give your brain a good workout. We all have fifteen minutes to spare and if you think you don't perhaps you need the reduction more than me! It is really easy to figure out how to play too. You just use the clues to try and determine where the chocolates go in the tray. While this might sound easy, it certainly takes a little thinking to workout where things go.

When my husband saw me playing he decided he wanted to jump in and play too. It’s deliciously addictive, almost as much as chocolate...almost. One thing my husband and I do that is fun is we play the same puzzle and time each other to see who was able to figure it out faster. He always wins but I totally expected that. After all, he is the one who reminds me of all the stuff I forget.

However, even my sharp minded husband found the puzzles in the advanced levels to be challenging enough that he had to give it some thought before he even started making placements. I feel like we are really giving our brains a good workout and I can’t wait to see how they are sharpened with time. 

Take some time to browse the ThinkFun website where you will more games like this as well a great selection of other types of games. I would really love the Solitaire Chess! You can also connect with ThinkFun on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with new games and special offers.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment