Thursday, October 18, 2012

MexAmerican Foods

I love to experiment with recipes and quality ingredients are a must if I want it turn out the best it can. I really like Mexican inspired dishes and find they are often very vegetarian friendly. I’ve been lucky to have three successes recently thanks to quality ingredients. I’ve centered my recipes around the awesome tortillas from MexAmerica Foods.

I found them very easy to work with. They are so fresh that I was able to use them straight from the refrigerator without having to steam them. That makes them extra convenient. They folded so nicely without tearing, even when I used them as full wraps! You can taste the difference in how fresh they are. It made every meal taste that much better.


First, I used the corn tortillas to make a sort of open-sided lasagna.

6 - small MexAmerica corn tortillas
1 can refried beans
½ onion chopped
½ jar of your favorite salsa
8 oz cheddar cheese

Warm the beans and onions together. Layer six alternating tiers of refried beans with onion and salsa with cheese, ending with salsa and cheese on the top. Bake at 350 until the cheese has melted. The corn flavor is lovely and not overpowered by the salsa at all.

Layered Awesome! 

Next I wanted something to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I made some peach enchiladas.

4 MexAmerica flour tortillas Fajita size
1 small can of peach pie filling
1/3 c margarine
½ c white sugar
½ c brown sugar
½ c water

Place ¼ of the peaches on each tortilla, and wrap, sealing both sides. Place them face down in a casserole dish. Bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes while stirring. Pour over wraps and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

These were really unique for me because I have never tried any kind of desert enchiladas before. I loved the crispy tops and if you have leftovers the next day the sauce is much more condensed and they are even better- in fact my husband suggested they only be served cold!

Crispy Sweet! 

I used the bigger tortillas to make a modified quesadilla type meal. These were honey wheat and really something special flavor wise.

4 large honey wheat MexAmerica tortillas
1 can refried beans
½ onion
½ c shredded Colby jack cheese

Warm a frying pan coated with no stick spray over medium high heat. Place ¼ of your beans, onion and cheese in the center of the wrap and fold it in half. Cook until browned on each side. It’s really that easy to make a delicious meal!



The next time you need tortillas I highly recommend you try MexAmerica Foods and allow yourself to be impressed by the superior quality and ease of use.  Please visit their website HERE and see all of the great products they offer.

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed; no other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours. 

26 comments:

  1. There are so many things you can do with tortillas

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love making and eating Mexican foods :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to twin because we love tortillas and we eat them almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to try something new-- I like some mexican foods--might be fun to try to make something

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to win because I love to make burritos and would like to try some different shells.
    chavonne h.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our family love love love Mexican foods, would love to try a new Tortilla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because we would love to try this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My children love to eat cheese rollups with tortilla wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use tortillas in place of bread! PBJ, burritos, hot dog roll ups, tacos, you name it we just love using them in every day foods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I eat tortillas for breakfast and lunch. So yummy andI would live o try these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love tortillas and would like to try these.
    super_alba_star@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to win to help our food budget.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to win for a few different reasons.. my 9 year old son loves tacos but only likes soft shells.. so this would be perfect for him!
    I love to cook and I love trying new recipes so I would love to come up with some new family favorites using these shells:)
    Lastly, our whole family likes trying new foods and new products!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tortillas and would like to experiment with different recipes. Yum! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love mexican food, and we like to try new products.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We eat a lot of tortillas in our household, and I have never tried this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love tortillas in this house. We do a Mexican night once a week. We go through so many tortillas, it's not even funny, lol. We will have Chorizo and Eggs in the morning, Quesadillas for lunch, and Tacos for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We LOVE Mexican Food! I love the recipes, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We love tortillas and have never tried these before!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We love Tortillas and eat many dishes that include them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a stay at home mom, so I like to help the family budget when I can
    sarahyurga@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. we love mexican foods
    thanks
    aunteegem@yahoo.co

    ReplyDelete