Thursday, May 15, 2014

LumenX Front Mount Bicycle Headlight / Flashlight

My husband bikes to work everyday, he loves and it is great exercise but I do worry about him because he goes to work very, very early. It is always dark when he leaves for work and some days it is even dark when he comes home. I knitted him some reflective arm bands so cars could see him better but I also wanted him to have something so he could see better too.

I was so happy to get the opportunity to try and review the Lumenx Mountable Bicycle Headlight / Flashlight. The first thing I want to mention is that is came in awesome packaging. Often when you order something online it’s a small miracle that it comes in one piece but with the extra care put into the packaging this bike light was ensured to arrive in perfect condition.

The Lumenx is a powerful 2-in-1 portable LED bike light that shines up to 500 feet in order to effectively light up your path every time. Its LED lights are shockproof and have a higher light output and life span when compared to other competitive incandescent bulbs. It has a zoom too from 1X to 2000X!

One thing I really love is that it is portable and easy to install, with no tools required. I was able to install it as a surprise for my husband in less than five minutes and I am pretty slow about doing things.  It is made with military grade aluminum and has a waterproof advanced "O" ring seal. It really is built to last and looks like it as well. It takes 3 triple A batteries, which were not included but I always have spares laying around, because my remotes and cameras eat them.

One of the great safety features is that you can use a steady or flashing beam of light. The flashing beam would be great to attract attention in the case of emergencies. Plus if you need to get off the bike and check something out, you can detach the light from the holder and use it as you would a regular flashlight. I really was taken by just how bright the light was considering it is powered by AAA batteries.

In addition to the front mount light there was also a rear red light that you can use as a steady light or with the flashing option also. I really love that little bonus because, like I said, he is on his bike in the wee morning hours and I like the idea of him being extra visible to cars. Plus the bonus back light was ready to go, with no batteries needed.

You can head to Amazon and purchase your own today!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. This really looks lice such a good Bicycle headlight that will give off a lot of light. I like it and it looks nice. My sister would love to have these lights on her bike.

    ReplyDelete