Saturday, December 15, 2012

Starlooks Starbox December

You know from past posts how much I love Starboxes!  They are always filled with an awesome make-up adventure. The December box is extra special, and also had festive silver sparkly bits, which was a nice touch.

Under the wrap, as promised was a $99 fifteen shade eye palette. As you can see, there is a great color selection for making either bold parings as I have done, or more traditional smoky looks using the varying shades of similar colors.

In this palette you have all you need to get yourself looking festive this season. The pigment is fantastic, and blends easily. It lasted all day without losing any of the punch at all.

For my first look, I used the rule of the color wheel and picked the color opposites also known as complimentary colors - red and green.  From this palette you can also create bold beautiful looks with the opposites of orange & blue, and violet & yellow.

Next I went with blue and yellow because I wanted to see how they worked together, and rather than using a traditional horizontal line I went vertical. I've never done that before, and while I quite like it, I think I’ll use softer shades next time.

I got a lot of complements on both looks, and I’m sure you will get complements on the fun dramatic looks you create with your Starbox as well.

Please take some time to browse the Starlooks site and look at my past reviews of the November and October boxes. I’m sure you will agree it is a fantastic subscription service. You can subscribe to get your own monthly Starbox, which includes 3-4 full size makeup/beauty products by Starlooks, delivered to your door for $15/month! When signing up make sure to tell them Diana at My Empty Nest sent you! You can also stay in touch with Starlooks on facebook and twitter.

Disclosure: I was given the products I reviewed; no other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours.

1 comment: